We know that birthday parties can be hard work for parents and from personal experience we can say that a little planning beforehand can make a huge difference to your stress levels on the big day.
Here is our party planner and some helpful links to make your party as successful and stress free as possible.
Six to eight weeks before the party
- Discuss with the party child the type of party they want.
- Book your entertainment or venue if wanted.
Three weeks before the party
- Make up a guest list.
- Select the invitations or make some yourself.
- Send the invitations with an RSVP to be 7-10 days before the party.
- Click here for Free Birthday Invitations
Two weeks before the party
- Organise someone to help you on the day of the party.
- Start making a party plan.
One week before the party
- Check final numbers and contact those who have not replied.
- Order the birthday cake.
- Plan the food, drink, ingredients and other goodies you will need. Plan the games and activities.
Two days before the party
- Do the final shop for food and goodies you don’t have.
- It can be a good idea to check on your cake order, if you have one.
One day before the party
- Prepare the food and refrigerate.
- Clean up the house and yard.
- Decorate the party area and prepare the table.
- Have the camera ready, remember to have spare batteries handy.
- Lock the pets away.
- Have fun!